491 W Valley Ridge Blvd.
Lewisville, TX 75057
Call Us Today: 972-353-4867
We’re Open: Mon-Fri: 10am – 9pm
Sat: 9am – 9pm | Sun: 1pm – 8pm
Basic Rifle Class
The Basic Rifle Class is 2 hours of instruction designed around new rifle shooters and new rifle owners. Students attending the class are looking to build confidence and skill with their particular rifle or want to learn more about rifle shooting in a safe and structured environment. If you want to understand the safe handling and use of a rifle and learn about the different types of rifles and sights as well as the pros and cons of each, consider taking the Basic Rifle Class.
In the classroom the instructor will spend one hour going over:
- The basics of a rifle to help students understand the different types of rifles and components.
- An overview of rifle ballistics to bring context to how and why a rifle is used.
- The class will also cover the fundamentals of marksmanship to obtain consistency and accuracy in shot placement.
On the range our rifle experts will work with you to:
- The safe and effective use of a rifle.
- Develop greater confidence with your rifle or build a deeper understanding to rifle marksmanship.
- Improve your stance, sight picture and trigger control in order to effectively deliver accurate rifle fire.
Each student will need:
- Eye and ear protection (Eye and ear protection will be available to students free of charge)
- A rifle of any caliber with at least 40 rounds of ammunition (Many common calibers of rifle ammunition will be available for purchase before the class but please call ahead to confirm availability)
- A willingness to learn!
** If you would like to try a rifle from our extensive rental selection, we recommend arriving about 15 minutes early. **
Taught by: Eagle Gun Range Instructors with various certifications/experience with rifle shooting.
Seats are limited
You must be at least 18 years old to take this class, or have a parent or guardian present in the class room and on the shooting range.