This is a 2-hour class for all skill levels from new pistol owners to those who grew up shooting guns and want to improve their abilities. Students who attend the Intermediate Pistol class will build the proper foundations of pistol shooting and learn the fundamentals shooting while avoiding common mistakes and bad habits. If you are looking to quickly improve your accuracy, shoot faster, learn new skills, or properly prepare for using a pistol in a defensive situation, consider taking our Intermediate Pistol class. This class is specifically designed to set you up for success and continual improvement regardless of your experience level.
In this hands-on class your instructors will teach:
- The safe and effective use of a pistol
- How to tune your grip to fit your gun and get the most control
- The best way to use your sights
- How to use proper trigger control to vastly improve accuracy
- How to control recoil effectively to shoot faster accurately
- Improve economy of motion in emergency reloading the pistol, clearing malfunctions and transitions between multiple targets
Each student will need:
- Eye and ear protection (Eye and ear protection will be available to students free of charge)
- A semi-automatic pistol with a minimum of 2 magazines (magazine pouches are recommended but not required)
- At least 150 rounds of ammunition and a willingness to learn. Most calibers of ammunition will be available for purchase prior to the class. Please call ahead for availability)
** If you would like to rent from our extensive pistol rental selection, we recommend arriving about 15 minutes early. **
Seats are limited
You must be at least 21 years old to take this class, or have a parent or guardian present in the class room and on the shooting range.