491 W Valley Ridge Blvd.
Lewisville, TX 75057
Call Us Today: 972-353-4867
We’re Open: Mon-Fri: 10am – 9pm
Sat: 9am – 9pm | Sun: 1pm – 8pm
Eagle Gun Range, Inc. – LTC
The Texas Concealed Handgun License Class may be completed in a One Day Class (5 hours)
**Renewals no longer need to attend a class
What is a LTC?
In 1995 the 74th Legislature passed state bill (SB) 60 where the first Texas concealed carry bill was signed and went into effect in September of the same year. By definition a ‘concealed handgun (CH)’ is one by which the presence of the handgun is not openly discernible (within open view) to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person. LTC permits are regulated by the department of public safety and are issued on a non discretionary ( shall-issue) basis to all qualified and eligible applicants.
**Attention New Shooters: For those with minimal to no experience handling a firearm, we strongly recommend taking our Pistol I class prior to taking the LTC Course. This is not a requirement, but it will help you tremendously to have some basic training in how to safely handle your gun, proper grip, how to aim, proper stance, etc. that is not typical information covered in the 5 hour LTC Course. You will need to know these things prior to showing your proficiency on the range.
Conceal Carry (LTC) Class for Texas
Tuition: $75.00 per student for new LTCs
- 5-hour classroom instruction and testing
- Range qualification & Range fee
- Indoor Climate-Controlled Range
- B-27 Target
- Certificate of Completion (Form LTC-100)
Note: Effective March 1st, 2011, the TX DPS requires that all Texas Concealed Handgun License Applicants obtain their fingerprints from L1. You cannot schedule an appointment until the TX DPS has received your application.To schedule an appointment, call 1-888-467-2080 or visit their website at www.L1enrollment.com
Tuition Does Not Include:
- Fingerprints; As of March 1, 2011 all fingerprints MUST be taken by L-1 Enrollment
- Passport Photos (no longer required if you request on your application that your current Texas drivers’ license photo be used)
- Ammunition (50 Rounds Minimum)
- State of Texas LTC Application Fees
Please bring to class:
- Your state I.D., Driver’s License, or US Passport
- Black pen & paper for notes
Obtaining a license to carry a concealed handgun in the State of Texas requires a minimum 5-hour Concealed Handgun License Certification Course which is outlined by the State Department of Public Safety and covers:
- The Use of Force
- Gun Safety
- Gun Storage
- Dispute Resolution
- Texas Laws Regarding Use of Force
- State Licensing Requirements
Obtaining a permit to carry a concealed handgun in the State of Texas requires completion of the Certification Course, passing the shooting proficiency test at the range, and passing a 25 question written test. The applicant may apply and pay a fee to the State, which completes a background check and completes the issuance of the license.
You will be required to qualify with a handgun.
- Bring your UNLOADED handgun and UNLOADED magazine in a bag or case. (If it is an AM class bring the gun in with you as we will be shooting first thing. If it is a PM class leave your gun in your vehicle until the instructor asks you to bring it in.)
- Bring a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition (new and from a major manufacturer – no reloads)
- Bring eye and ear protection (if you do not have your own, you may purchase a set for a small fee at the range)
If you do not have a handgun and need to rent one there will be an additional gun rental fee and the ammunition used in the gun must be purchased from Eagle Gun Range.